Remove this ad

snake45

Totally Living in the Past

Lead

Aug 11 12 6:51 PM

Tags : :

Early '90s reissue of the old-school kit. I shortened the bed so the fenders almost touch the cab. Otherwise, strictly out of the box. Paint is Pactra metallic green in the little bottles--boy, I miss those Pactra paints.

Only truck model I have, I think. Just wanted to get the category started.

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 11 12 9:10 PM

Nice truck Snake. I have a couple of these in my stash as well, and built one that I don't have anymore in the mid '70s. I painted mine black, and added a roll/light bar in the bed. I had some big tires on the rear with smaller ones on the front. I've got one planned to be built, but it's down the road a little ways yet.

I used a few Pactra paints back in the '80s, and liked them quite well. I miss them also. I like the color on this one. I've been wanting to paint a '57 Chevy a color very similar to this, and only recently found one I am willing use. Yours looks good!

Quote    Reply   

tooold

Retro Jedi

#4 [url]

Aug 12 12 10:11 AM

That's pretty sharp .  I like the look with the shortened bed , gives it really clean lines .
I have a couple trucks in my stash , but I haven't built one since about 1967 and that one is long gone .

Quote    Reply   

rdmink

Glue-Sniffer

#5 [url]

Aug 12 12 9:14 PM

This is my favorite series of G.M. trucks, next to '88 to '98 models. I have several in my kit stash and most are unbuilt. I have '68 through '70, and a 1 '72 Chevrolet (All built, the '72 is painted and detailed) and a '71 GMC annual (Built, partially painted), and an assortment of reissued '72 Chevy and GMC's, all unbuilt.
You did a good job on the GMC. That bed treatment is unique and very interesting! I love the color!  

Quote    Reply   

csmo

Totally Living in the Past

#6 [url]

Aug 13 12 1:12 PM

I love the old Pactra square-bottle paints too. Pity that they are OOP. My little brother, Chris painted his last Pinewood Derby car that color when he was a Cub Scout. Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillerymen do it with a BIGGER BANG!"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help