Remove this ad

ricman

Out-of-Boxer

Lead

Aug 4 13 7:51 PM

Tags : :

Did anyone ever put out a kit of a 63 Ford Fairlane?  That was my first car and would certainly get a kit if it's out there!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

snake45

Totally Living in the Past

#1 [url]

Aug 4 13 7:59 PM

I don't think AMT (or anyone else) did the Fairlane in '63. They did the Galaxie and Falcon, I think. Revell has a current '64 Ford Thunderbolt which could be backfitted to a common Fairlane, but I think the '64 is a different car from the '63.

Quote    Reply   

csmo

Totally Living in the Past

#2 [url]

Aug 4 13 8:12 PM

I built a Fairlane as a gasser in the middle '60s, with a hole in the hood for a blower and opened wheel wells for drag slicks, but I can't remember what year model the kit was.I just looked at the Scale Autos website and inquired for you. AMT made a '63 annual, and then retooled the mold for '64. There may be one out there for you someplace. The search also gave a link for a resin body for a 2-door coupe and a Fairlane 500 body. I hope this helps. Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillerymen do it with a BIGGER BANG!"

Quote    Reply   

froghawk

Retro Jedi

#3 [url]

Aug 5 13 7:10 AM

AMT's '63 Fairlane annual kit was the "Sport Coupe" two-door hardtop. It is quite rare compared to the '62 annual (which was a two-door sedan) and the '64 annual (a two-door hardtop.) Unfortunately the '63 kit suffered from having an inaccurate and out-of-proportion interpretation of the roof, almost as if they'd simply reworked the '62 two-door sedan tool to resemble a hardtop.

Depending on what body style you're looking for, your best bet to build your '63 would be to look for a salvageable built-up and swap the roof from the Revell '64 Fairlane Thunderbolt for a two-door sedan, or use the roof from the AMT '65 Fairlane modified stock car (which has been reissued several times) for a better two-door hardtop.

John Goschke

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help