Remove this ad

csmo

Totally Living in the Past

Lead

Aug 3 13 8:44 AM

Tags : :

I was away from plastic models from August 1999 to October 2008, for a number of reasons. In 2005 I found this doll-house kit at a garage sale for the princely sum of twenty-five cents. I had built a temporary workbench from scrap lumber in my then-unfinished basement and I wanted a project to build to keep from going even more nuts than I already am. Here it is. I used my carpenter's tools, an X-Acto knife, Elmer's Wood Glue, Wal-Mart craft paints, rubber-bands, straight pins,  and clothespins. The paint scheme is from a photo in a Victorian Painted Ladies calendar featuring colorful old homes. The floors are wallpaper samples. The staircase is scratch-built from scraps as the kit didn't have one. My Pop scratch-built seven  doll-houses for all of the girls in the family and my Mom collected all of the furnishings for them. I furnished Doris Ann's house from the odds-n-ends leftover stuff that my Mom had. I even built the table that it sits on in my four-season back porch. I just wanted to share this with you folks. Adios, Larry.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

snake45

Totally Living in the Past

#1 [url]

Aug 3 13 9:41 AM

Okay, I'll leave this up, but please, no more dollhouses. Not what we're about here.

Also: Please no Hot Wheels, Barbies/GI Joes, model railroads, and other off-topic subjects. There are plenty of other sites for that stuff. wink

Thread locked. The Emperor has spoken. As both Mel Brooks and Tom Petty have told us, "It's good to be King."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help